As a specialization within our School Counseling Department, college counseling helps young people figure out who they are and what they care about. At Cardinal Newman, our college counseling is developmental, educational, relational and process oriented. In concert with today’s college admissions, we promote a holistic approach to college planning.
Our process begins in 9th grade with reinforcing programs in 10th grade. Individualized planning begins Junior year and continues through Senior year. Each year in school, students reach objectives toward the goal of college admission that include active involvement in extracurricular activities, career exploration, enrichment opportunities, and research for colleges and scholarships.
- Cardinal Newman School Profile
- College Advising Overview
- Common Application
- SAT Registration
- ACT Registration
- Completing the FAFSA (step-by-step guide)
- Completing the FAFSA (video)
- Completing the CSS Profile
- Building your HS resume
- Intentionality in the college search process
- Make the most of your college visits
- Why consider a Liberal Arts College