“The glory of God is the human person fully alive.” – Saint Irenaeus
The Mission of Cardinal Newman High School is to educate the whole person: spirit, mind, and body, and to help all students develop their God-given talents according to the gospel values of Jesus Christ. In fulfilling this mission, we provide:
- A Catholic-Christian Community. We provide a Catholic-Christian Community in which students learn self-fulfillment through Catholic teachings, retreats, liturgies, and para-liturgical experiences.
- A well-rounded curriculum and program. We work hard to provide academic, religious, extracurricular, athletic, and community service programs in order to form individuals who accept leadership, are academically inquisitive, spiritually alert, and physically sound.
- Individualized attention. We dedicate ourselves to discover each student’s unique talents and to prepare each student intellectually to make mature decisions about his or her future.
- A dedicated and supportive faculty. We pledge to provide a faculty who understands the diverse needs of each student and who works with each student in a caring and supportive environment.
- High academic standards. We commit ourselves to high academic standards in order to motivate each of our students to do his or her very best while accepting the necessary self-discipline which the quest for excellence requires.
“Growth is the only evidence of life.” – John Henry Cardinal Newman
- Cardinal Newman is a Catholic, Christian community where each student can become the person that God invites him or her to be.
- We believe students learn self-esteem and self-fulfillment through Catholic Church teachings, hard work, intellectual challenge, and the acquisition of knowledge.
- We believe in teachers who understand and respect individual learning styles and who find appropriate ways to motivate individual students to do their best.
- We believe in teaching the fundamental values of loyalty, responsibility, mutual respect, common courtesy, integrity, honesty, and common sense.
- We believe in the ethical teachings, the continuity, and the traditions of the Catholic Church. We believe in giving students opportunities to participate actively in relevant retreats, liturgies, and para-liturgical experiences.
- We believe that we play a vital role in the community. We espouse the concept of community involvement both as a school and for our students.
- We believe in developing student-leaders who will have a positive influence on those around them.
- We believe in encouraging students to recognize problems as opportunities for new experiences and growth.
- We believe in making our students sensitive to the needs of others through voluntary and mandatory service experiences.
- We encourage extracurricular activities such as clubs and sports as important to total student growth and development.